Nutrition clinically proven to reduce the recurrence of FIC signs by 89% AND reduce weight by 11% in 60 days, with ingredients to control stress.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Scientifically formulated nutrient complex With a synergistic blend of ingredients that naturally works with cat's unique energy use. Fiber High Provides soluble and insoluble fibre to help maintain satiety. L-Carnitine Supplemented Help increase conversion of fat to energy. Help maintain lean body mass. L-Lysine Supplemented Helps preserve lean muscle mass. L-tryptophan & milk protein hydrolysate Added To control stress a known risk factor for FIC. Magnesium; Phosporus; Calcium Reduced Decrease urinary concentration of struvite constituents (magnesium and phosphate) and calcium oxalate constituents. Sodium Controlled Helps maintain healthy kidney function. Citrate Added Forms soluble complexes with calcium to inhibit calcium oxalate formation. Target urinary pH Acid: pH 6.2-6.4 Discourages the formation and aggregation of struvite crystals without encouraging the formation of oxalate crystals. Vitamin E & Beta-carotene Added Help neutralise free radicals to help combat urolithiasis. Vitamin C Not added Vitamin C is a precursor to oxalates.
- Initial nutritional management of cats with any type of Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD), including Feline Idiopathic Cystitis (FIC), crystalluria and/or urolithiasis from any cause and urethral plugs
- Dissolution of sterile struvite stones
- Long-term nutritional management of cats prone to:
- Feline Idiopathic Cystitis (FIC)
- Struvite, calcium oxalate and calcium phosphate** crystals and uroliths (reduction of occurrence and recurrence)
- Urethral plugs (almost exclusively associated with struvite or calcium phosphate crystals)
- Weight loss
- Weight maintenance after weight loss
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating queens
- Cats that are debilitated, underweight or dehydrated
- Nutrition clinically proven to reduce the recurrence of FIC* signs by 89%*
- Nutrition clinically proven to dissolve struvite stones in as little as 7 days (average 27 days)*
- Do not give urinary acidifiers when feeding this product
- Monitor the urine to ensure the target urinary pH is maintained, and if necessary eliminate urinary tract infection.
- Nutrition clinically proven to reduce body weight by 11% in 60 days*
- 88% of pets fed this nutrition lost weight at home in two months*
- Nutrition clinically proven to work with cat's unique energy use and help kick-start the body's natural ability to burn excess fat
- Nutrition clinically proven to avoid weight regain following a weight loss programme*
- When healthy weight is achieved, feeding amounts need to be adjusted to maintain ideal weight
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider
Reasons to change from Prescription Diet™ Metabolic + Urinary Stress Feline in cases of FLUTD are:
- To dissolve larger or multiple sterile struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet™ s/d™ Feline
- For FLUTD caused by urate, cystine or xanthine uroliths: Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline
- ** If calcium phosphate is present as brushite: Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline
- May transition to Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Feline Urinary Stress Reduced Calorie if weight is successfully maintained
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
DAILY FEEDING AMOUNTS
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats' needs vary. Adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal body weight.
FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Determine the amount to feed based on the target weight rather than the current weight.
FOR WEIGHT MAINTENANCE: Patient should be monitored to ensure proper body weight is maintained. Increase food amounts accordingly.
When feeding for the first time, mix increasing amounts of the pet’s new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
For Weight loss
For Weight loss Ideal Body Weight kg Pouches 85g 2 1 2/3 3 2 1/4 4 2 3/4 5 3 1/4 6 3 3/4 7 + 3/5 per kg
For Weight Maintenance
For Weight Maintenance Ideal Body Weight kg Pouches 85g 2 2 1/2 3 3 1/3 4 4 5 4 3/4 6 5 2/3 7 + 4/5 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
COMPOSITION: Meat and animal derivatives, derivatives of vegetable origin, eggs and egg derivatives, various sugars, vegetables, oils and fats, cereals, vegetable protein extracts, minerals, milk and milk derivatives.Urine acidifying substances : DL-methionine, calcium chloride, potassium chloride, choline chloride, calcium sulphate.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 8.1 42.9 11.9 g / 100 kcal Fat 2.9 15.2 4.2 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 2.4 12.5 3.5 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 4.4 23.4 6.5 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.16 0.86 239 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.15 0.79 219 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.08 0.44 121 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.14 0.72 200 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.014 0.075 21 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.05 0.26 72 mg / 100 kcal Carnitine 113.8 ppm 598.7 ppm 16.63 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 198 IU/kg 1044 IU/kg 29.01 IU / 100 kcal