Prescription Diet d/d Dry Cat Food is specially formulated by nutritionists & veterinarians to help cats with food sensitivities.
These characteristics make Prescription Diet d/d, veterinary exclusive dry cat food, a useful nutritional aid for cats with food sensitivities and adverse food reactions.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Protein Single, novel; highly digestible Helps avoid common food allergens. Limits the amount of undigested protein in the gastrointestinal tract able to provoke an allergic reaction. Carbohydrate Green pea Allergies to green pea are uncommon. Antioxidants Added Helps maintain a healthy immune system and the skin barrier protection.
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
- Adverse food reactions (AFR) & elimination diet
- Atopic dermatitis (environmental allergy)
- Eosinophilic granuloma complex
- Flea allergy dermatitis (FAD)
- Pruritic dermatitis
- Supports skin health in cases of secondary infections or other dermatoses
- Forms of chronic enteropathy (inflammatory bowel disease):
- Food responsive
- Antibiotic responsive
- Steroid responsive
- Advanced stages of heart disease, including ascites or edema from heart failure
- Primary hypertension
Not Recommended For:
- Growing kittens, pregnant or nursing cats
- Patients with concurrent use of urinary acidifiers
Prescription Diet d/d Dry Cat Foods contain a single novel animal protein source (venison) which is not generally associated with adverse food reactions in cats. A limited number of digestible novel meat protein and carbohydrate ingredients help avoid common food allergies.
Prescription Diet d/d Dry Cat Foods can help aid in the management of pruritic dermatitis, chronic gastroenteritis or colitis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and allergic dermatitis.
Other Products to Consider
- For patients with adverse food reactions (AFR), eosinophilic granuloma complex, pruritic dermatitis, or require a food elimination diet: Prescription Diet z/d Cat Food
- For patients with forms of chronic enteropathies (inflammatory bowel disease) including food responsive enteropathy, antibiotic responsive diarrhea, or steroid responsive enteropathy: Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Cat Food, Prescription Diet z/d Cat Food, Prescription Diet i/d Cat Food
- For patients with advanced stages of heart disease: Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Cat Food, Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Cat Food, Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Stress Cat Food
- For patients with mild to moderate stages of heart disease, including asymptomatic: Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Cat Food, Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Cat Food, Prescription Diet m/d GlucoSupport Cat Food, Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Stress Cat Food
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
- Provide specific feeding instructions for your patient
- Refer to the Daily Feeding Guide as a place to start
- Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams
- Monitoring your patient's condition will assure the nutritional recommendation provides the best results
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more
- Reinforce with clients to feed Prescription Diet dry food, canned food, & Prescription Diet Hypo Treats
Weight of Cat - lbs (kgs) Amount per Day - cups (grams) 6 (2,7) 3/8 (45) 8 (3,6) 1/2 (65) 10 (4,5) 1/2 (65) 12 (5,4) 5/8 (80) 14 (6,4) 2/3 (85) 16 (7,3) 3/4 (95) 18 (8,2) 7/8 (110)
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Venison & Green Pea Recipe Cat Food provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Yellow Peas, Pea Protein, Venison, Green Peas, Soybean Oil, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Coconut Oil, Calcium Sulfate, Fish Oil, Lactic Acid, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Iodized Salt, Glyceryl Monostearate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Cysteine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
3893 kcal/kg (486 kcal/cup†)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 32 % 34 % 8.2 g / 100 kcal Fat 19.6 % 20.8 % 5 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 31.8 % 33.8 % 8.2 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 3.9 % 4.2 % 1 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.7 % 0.75 % 181 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorus 0.68 % 0.73 % 176 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.85 % 0.9 % 217 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.33 % 0.35 % 84 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.104 % 0.11 % 27 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.42 % 0.45 % 109 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin C 116 ppm 123 ppm 2.97 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 633 IU/kg 673 IU/kg 16.26 IU / 100 kcal Total Omega-3 FA 1.35 % 1.43 % 346 mg / 100 kcal Total Omega-6 FA 6.74 % 7.17 % 1732 mg / 100 kcal
1Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
2The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
3Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of d/d Venison & Green Pea Recipe Dry Cat Food contains 125.0 grams by weight.